Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gemstone Soaps

So, the cute little ones are formed in an ice tray (found at Harps grocery for $1!) with an organic oils melt & pour soap, found @ The Chemistry Store.  M&P soaps are so fun and easy!  Just like the name, you simply melt and pour.  As for the larger gem molds, you have 2 options: 1. Make your own from appropriately sized gems and silicone molds, found here @ Make Your Own Molds.  2. You can purchase them premade from Renascent College or Flexible Molds.  I'm sure there are a few others out there with premade gemstone molds.  I searched for 'quartz point soap molds' or 'gemstone soap molds.'

For the shine, I use micha flakes, found at soap supply stores, as well as the skin safe color.  I scent them with my own essential oils. 

These make great gifts and party favors.  My designs have really evolved since these photos were taken, so next time I make them I'll put up a full tutorial with some new pics.

For inspiration I visit Etsy's Gemstone Soap Search.

Happy Soaping!

No comments:

Post a Comment